Koyeli obtained an MBBS from Calcutta Medical College following which she moved from medicine to basic research. After a brief stint at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, she moved to Germany for her doctoral studies. Subsequently, she graduated with “summa cum laude” from the Medical faculty of Munich University (LMU), Germany, as a fellow of the prestigious International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS). Back in India, she received the Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award (IYBA) from the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India and worked as an IYBA fellow in the CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi, before joining Shiv Nadar University. Koyeli is interested in delineating the role of molecular chaperones in heath and misfolding-induced diseases such as neurodegenerative disorders. Simultaneously, she is interested in deciphering the stress response pathways of mitochondria, the cellular power-house and how mitochondrial dysfunction happens during various pathological conditions. Koyeli has published several research papers in various journals of high international repute.
Protein homeostasis, molecular chaperones, cellular stress response pathways, mitochondrial biogenesis
Animal physiology, Biology of Infectious diseases, Recombinant DNA technology
- Invited lecture in International webinar on Cellular and Protein Homeostasis Webinar Series, titled "Deciphering the sub-mitochondrial compartment specific proteotoxic stress response using S. cerevisiae as a model organism" on February 16, 2021.
- Invited lecture in a webinar organized by Sharda University, School of Basic Sciences and Research, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, titled “An overview of role of protein quality control machineries in maintaining cellular proteostasis” on May 29th, 2020.
- Invited lecture at Department of Biology, Ashoka University, Sonepat, in an in-house symposium held on 22nd February 2020. Title of the talk was “Unravelling sub-compartment specific mitochondrial misfolding stress response”.
- Invited lecture titled “Mitochondrial protein homeostasis: Why is it important and what are the master regulators of it?” at Biophysica, a symposium on Biophysics held at Jamia Milia Islamia organized by Centre for interdisciplinary research in basic sciences, on 20th November, 2018.
- Invited lecture at CSIR-IGIB in Protein folding meeting held on 24th March 2018 titled “Regulation of protein homeostasis”.
- Invited lecture at RTCMBR at SNU titled “Deciphering the sub-compartment specific mitochondrial unfolded protein response” on 28th, October 2017.
- Invited lecture at inStem/NCBS titled “Deciphering the Protein Quality control pathways and inter-compartment communication during misfolding stress” on 8th November 2016.
- Invited lecture titled "Study of chaperone-substrate interactions using single molecule FRET" in the International conference on "Recent Advances in Molecular Spectroscopy: Fundamentals and Applications in Materials and Biology (RAMS-2016)" held at School of Chemistry, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India, during March 2–4, 2016
Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award (IYBA) from DBT, India
Fellowship from International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS), Munich, Germany for pursuing graduate research
Fellowship from International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS), Dresden, Germany for pursuing graduate research