1) Epigenomics of abiotic stress responses in plants
2) Role of DNA secondary structures in plant development
1) Plant biotechnology
2) Next Generation Genomics
- Selected member Indian young Academy of Sciences (INYAS, 2018-2022)
- SERB Women Excellence Award by SERB Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, 2017.
- Associate of Indian Academy of Sciences (IASc, Banglore, 2016-2019)
- Young Scientist Platinum Jubilee Award (2014) from the National Academy of Sciences India (NASI).
- Indian National Science Academy (INSA) medal for Young Scientist (2014).
- Innovative Young Biotechnologists Award 2012 from the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
- INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship 2011 from the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Contingency Award from Immunology Foundation to attend the EMBO workshop
- Full financial support to attend 3rd Winter School in Immunology with special emphasis on ‘Cancer immunology’, Goa, India. (supported by Cancer Research Institute, New York, USA).
- Partial financial support to attend EMBO practical course on “Functional microscopy of host-pathogen interactions” by EMBO World Activities and University of Cape Town, South Africa.
- Senior and Junior Research Fellowship from Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR),Government of India.
- University gold Medal for First-Class-First position in M.Sc. Plant Molecular Biology from Delhi University, New Delhi.
- Monsanto Post-graduate merit scholarship for two years (2002-2004).
- H Bhatia, N Khemka, M Jain, R Garg. (2018) Genome-wide bisulphite-sequencing reveals organ-specific methylation patterns in chickpea. Scientific reports 8 (1), 9704.
- Rajkumar MS, Garg R, Jain M. (2018) Genome-wide discovery of DNA polymorphisms among chickpea cultivars with contrasting seed size/weight and their functional relevance. Sci Rep. 2018;8(1):16795.
- Singh U, Khemka N, Rajkumar MS, Garg R, Jain M. (2017) PLncPRO for prediction of long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) in plants and its application for discovery of abiotic stress-responsive lncRNAs in rice and chickpea. Nucleic Acids Res. 45 (22), e183-e183
- Garg R, Singh VK, Rajkumar MS, Kumar V, Jain M (2017) Global transcriptome and coexpression network analyses reveal cultivar-specific molecular signatures associated with seed development and seed size/weight determination in chickpea. Plant J. 91(6):1088-1107.
- Garg R*, Aggarwal J, Thakkar B. (2016). Genome-wide discovery of G-quadruplex forming sequences and their functional relevance in plants. Scientific Reports 6, 28211. (*corresponding author).
- Garg R*, Akhade AS*, Yadav J and Qadri A. (2015) TLR-2 agonistic activity of Vi contribute to switching of anti-Vi antibodies to IgG isotype in vivo. Innate Immunity 21(7), 778-783. (*Joint first author).
- Jain M, Chevala VVSN, Garg R (2014) Genome-wide discovery, analysis and implications of differential regulation of conserved and novel miRNAs in chickpea via deep sequencing. Journal of Experimental Botany 65, 5945-5958.
- Jain M†, Moharana K C, Shankar R, Kumari R and Garg R† (2014) Genome-wide discovery of DNA polymorphisms in rice cultivars with contrasting drought and salinity response and their effects on gene function. Plant Biotechnology Journal 12, 253-264. †Joint corresponding authors.
- Garg R, Jain M. (2013) RNA-seq for transcriptome analysis in non-model plants. Methods in Molecular Biology 1069, 43-58.
- Jain M, Mishra G, Patel RK, Priya P, Jhanwar S, Khan AW, Shah N, Singh VK, Garg R, Jeena G, Sharma P, Kant C, Yadav M, Yadav G, Bhatia S, Tyagi AK, Chattopadhyay D (2013). Genome sequence of the pulse crop chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Plant Journal, 74, 715-729.
- Garg R, Patel RK, Jhanwar S, Priya P, Bhattacharjee A, Yadav G, Bhatia S, Chattopadhyay D, Tyagi AK, Jain M (2011). Gene discovery and tissue-specific transcriptome analysis in chickpea with massively parallel pyrosequencing and web resource development. Plant Physiology 156, 1661-1678.
- Garg R, Qadri A (2010) Hemoglobin transforms anti-inflammatory Salmonella typhi virulence polysaccharide into a TLR-2 agonist. Journal of Immunology 184, 5980-5987.
Surabhi Singh: Phd Student
Khushboo Gupta: Phd student
Nandita Singhal: Undergraduate Dissertation student
Tanya Mathur: Undergraduate OUR student
Keshav Kher: Undergraduate OUR student
- "Sensing and signaling in plant stress response" India-EMBO symposia held form 15th April to 17th April 2019, at The Grand, New Delhi, India.
- EMBO Research Leadership Course on 18-22 March 2019 organized by THE WELLCOME TRUST / DBT INDIA ALLIANCE and EMBO
- National workshop on foldscope and symposium of applied biotechnology, at IIS University (15-16 March 2019), Jaipur, India.
- 1st INYAS- FoS brain storming meeting supported by Pricipal Scientific Advisor to Govt of India from (9-11 Dec 2018), Pragati Resorts, Hyderabad, India
- International Rice Congress IRC2018 organized by IRRI from 15-17 Oct 2018 at Singapore.
- 29th Mid-Year Meeting of the Indian Academy of Sciences scheduled to be held during 29 June and 30 June at INFOSYS Leadership Institute, Mysore Development Centre, Mysore.
- “G4thering” 6th International Meeting on Quadruplex Nucleic Acids, Prague, Czech Republic (31st May-3rd June 2017)
- NextGen Genomics, Biology, Bioinformatics and Technologies (NGBT) Conference being organized by SciGenom Research Foundation (SGRF), Chennai, India from 3-6 October, 2016.
- “National Workshop on NGS Data: Assembly And Exploration” (10-11 March 2016), NIPGR, New Delhi, India
- “Molecular and Cellular Biology Beyond the Rubicon: Graduating Perspectives” at National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India (23-24th, Dec 2015).
- 3rd International Plant Physiology Congress, Challenges and Strategies in Plant Biology Research, Convention centre, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Dec 11-14, JNU, New Delhi, India.
- VI International Conference on Legume Genetics and Genomics (VI ICLGG). October 02-07, 2012, Hyderabad, India.
- SERB ECRA funded project as Principal Investigator from Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi.
- INSA-YS project as Principal Investigator from Indian National Science Academy (INSA).
- SERB-Women Excellence Award as Principal Investigator from Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi.
- INSPIRE Faculty award scheme as Principal Investigator by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi..